Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cleanse Day 2 - the challenge begins

Winding down day 2.  I prayed today to be satisfied with what I was eating.  Deuteronomy 8:10 says "When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you." 

I hopped on the scale this morning "just to see" and was down 2.5 pounds!  That made me happy and gave me some motivation for the day.  Ate lots of yummy fruit today, mango for breakfast, watermelon for a snack, pineapple for lunch, then cherries for another snack.  This afternoon it clicked in my brain about eating these foods more often.  I was certainly not eating enough of them before.  And I discovered that yes, a small bowl of cherries is a great snack and will fill me up PLUS give my body the nutrients it needs.  Win win.

We went to church tonight so dinner was late.  That threw me off a bit.  I got pretty weak and a little dizzy.  Stopped at Subway on the way home to get my dinner salad since I hadn't made it to the store and I knew they had what I was allowed to eat.  Yummy salad with lettuce & spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, avocado & dressing.  Boy was it good.  Made the rest of the family Chicken Parmesan.  I did want to eat it, but again was completely satisfied with my salad.  Praise God!

On to day 3 tomorrow!  From what I hear days 2 & 3 are the hardest, so I'll be praying I can make it through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment