Monday, October 22, 2012

How to avoid a flare after vacation


I can’t believe how good I have been feeling after vacation.  I don’t know if it was the extra sleep (on a really comfy bed listening to the crashing waves all night long!), distance from everyday stress, or what, but WOW!  I am still feeling great and I’ve been back for a few days now.  It was a very relaxing trip, we didn’t overdo anything.  I also made sure to drink LOTS of water and continued to take my supplements.  I think that make a difference in not crashing.  A year ago, before I was treating fibromyalgia, a trip like this would have sent me to bed for days!  Major crash.  What a change!  I did experience jet lag the day after getting home, taking the day to rest was really helpful.  We also ate pretty clean on the trip.  I did treat myself to desert a couple times, but for the most part we ate very healthy.  The biggest thing I am noticing is that my pain is very low, much lower than before I left.  Also I am not as fatigued as I normally would be after a trip.  So for me, I would say to avoid a flare while traveling and after,




I had a wonderful time with my sister and grandmother.  Such good memories.  And lots of “me” time for writing and sketching and taking photos.  Must have been just what I needed to feel a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment