Monday, October 8, 2012

Healthy Eating Influences


Let’s just say I haven’t done well with sticking to my healthy eating plan over the weekend.  I’m afraid that the scale shows it.  I am just amazed at the impact a day or two makes.  I didn’t eat anything “horrible”  a little sugar, a little gluten, and definitely did not drink enough water.  And I feel awful.  Bloated, nauseous, and already sore.  Woke up this morning very stiff and my hands were aching.  I don’t normally wake up like that anymore.  I just don’t want to believe that food has such an influence on my body, but it surely does.



It is my goal to eat a clean diet.  Free of processed foods, free of sugar.  I have felt lead to this type of lifestyle for a long time.  It actually started when I was pregnant with my first child.  Back then the book What to Expect When You’re Expecting was THE guide for pregnancy, and they had a companion book about nutrition, What to Eat When You’re Expecting.  The book promoted a very natural diet, and I went all in.  For the most part I followed that plan through pregnancy and breastfeeding my first two kids, around 5 years.  After that things started to go downhill for me and I wasn’t as faithful in eating right.

Whether going back to clean eating will solve all of my problems with fibromyalgia I don’t know.  But I do know that it makes a difference.  I want my body as healthy as it can be.  Here are some books that have influenced me over the years.  Maybe you will find some inspiration and support for your own healthy eating.  In my opinion all of them deserve a spot on your bookshelf.

I read this book years ago and at the time thought it was way to extreme.  Now I'm more sold on the idea of eating food as close to the way God made it as possible.
I read this book last year and really didn't think much of it.  Then over the summer I joined a Bible study group where we followed the book and watched the videos weekly.  I LOVED it.  I also highly recommend the companion devotional book.
Ok, I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my list.  I have checked out their web site extensively, and when I signed up for their newsletter, received a free e-book!
This book is by the same author as The Maker's Diet.  In this book are the instructions to the cleanses that made such an impact on me.  On their web site you can sign up for a year of free support, and meal planning.
This book was an eye opener for me.  I had no idea how addicted to sugar I was.  Everyone needs to read this book, healthy or not, and break their sugar addiction.  (little tip from a friend, don't get the cookbook)






The links I have created are to each of the books companion web sites, full of free and helpful information to help you decide if each book is something that you want to read.  All of the books can be found used on Amazon, and most of them in Kindle edition.  Happy reading!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment