Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Step Back


Hello everyone!  First of all, I am sorry for being away so long!  It was not my intention to abandon blogging.  After vacation I felt really wonderful, so good in fact I began to wonder if I had been healed.  Slowly my symptoms began to return as I took some time to get back into the swing of things at home, and then was uninspired to write about anything for a while.  I think I needed some time away.  Some time to step back a bit and really just live with fibro and see how things were working.  Just recently some ideas have surfaced and I’m feeling the tug to blog again.

So what’s new with me?  I’ve continued to eat clean (mostly) and even did another 10 day cleanse, which was harder this time, but I still felt just as great after.  I’m exercising a few times a week.  I’m taking my supplements.  Added one more to the 5 I was taking and have a few more I’m going to be starting asap.  After much prayer and talking things out I decided to go off of the one prescription medication I was taking.  It was a difficult transition that I wasn’t expecting, but glad that I did it.  I certainly don’t look down on anyone who takes medication for any reason, but for me, at THIS point in my life, I want to focus on healing my body, and taking a medication that was just treating a symptom wasn’t helping me to heal.  I didn’t think the medication was doing anything for me anyway, turns out, it was!  My plan is to replace the anti-inflammatory prescription with herbal supplements instead.  I’m praying it will help me.  My worst inflammation is in the morning when I first wake up.  And it’s been rough lately, I'm sure the cooler weather doesn't help, even though here in AZ it's not very chilly.  I’ve also been a little overcommitted lately, and busy with other projects, so fatigue is more than usual.  Need to get back to a more relaxed lifestyle.

Here’s the plan.  I’ve decided to take the month of December and focus on sleep.  We all struggle with it don’t we?  Sleep is a huge piece of the fibromyalgia puzzle we live, and there ARE things we can do to help us get better sleep!  So let’s do them!  You in?  We’ll be looking at bedtime habits, relaxation techniques, sleep environment, and lots more!  Why not use every tool at our disposal to get a better night’s sleep and improve our symptoms.

By the end of December we’ll all be more rested and recharged, able to fight on in the new year!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are at a point where you can try to heal your body!! What I wouldn't do to be able to do that! My body just didn't respond to the herbal treatments - I gave it about 2 years of trying different things.. I agree with more sleep! I'm doing the same thing myself!! Sorry if I added to the overcommitment you were struggling with! The craft show sure took a lot out of me, and I know it did you, too! BUT, it was fun!! I'm with you for focusing on more sleep, more relaxation, and being recharged for the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete